Friday, January 28, 2011

Weight loss - Eating Too Quickly

I was in the military and we had to eat our meals very quickly so that we could resume training. It wasn’t a problem for us because we exercised and trained every single day so we couldn’t notice any bad effects as we were not trying to lose weight but gain muscle.

After leaving the military I continued my habit of eating quickly. With hardly any exercise, it wasn’t too long before I gained 50 pounds. I was at a loss. It wasn’t even a year since I’d left the military.

I later found out that if you eat very quickly your brain cannot figure out when to stop until it is too late. You need to allow time for the brain to respond to the signal from your stomach that I’m full! Eating slowly also helps you digest food better and should be part of any weight loss plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment